How do I order and purchase controlled substances?

The Principal Investigator (PI) must complete all steps of the Controlled Substances Used in Research Registration project and must complete a controlled substances use authorization.

To order/purchase the chemicals the authorized user must:

  • Contact OLAC if the controlled substances are used under the ACUC approved protocol.
  • Use BearBuy to order controlled substances used in other research.

Note: Verification of the end user authorization is included in the purchasing process.

The requestor will be notified once the controlled substances will be delivered to the campus.