Department Safety Coordinators
Department Safety Coordinators (DSCs) are a vital part of the campus safety structure, coordinating, implementing, and documenting safety practices in departments across campus.
Information for New Department Safety Coordinators
Are you a new Department Safety Coordinator? Are you looking for answers on how to get started or who to talk to?
- If you are a new Department Safety Coordinator, please call (510-642-3073) or contact Environment, Health & Safety and let us know. Give us your name, title, mailing address and the department or departments you work in and represent.
- Read over several fact sheets and learn about the Workplace Safety Program / Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Bookmark these DSC web pages to quickly find the information and forms you need in the future.
Fact Sheets for DSCs
How Do I:
Contact EH&S at 510-642-3073 (off-hours 510-642-3333) to report an accident such as a workplace injury or hazardous material spill/exposure. If there is a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
Make sure that any accidents or dangerous incidents are reported to your home unit.
EH&S must be notified immediately if any of the following occurs: worker fatality, inpatient hospitalization, loss of any body part (e.g., fingertip), or possible permanent disfigurement.
- When an Injury or Illness Occurs at Work (University Health Services)
Find out what trainings people need?
All employees are required to take Workplace Health and Safety Program training. Use this link to take the training at the UC Learning Center:
Visit the Required Safety and Compliance Training for Researchers website to learn about required training for your job functions.
Additional training for work in specific facilities, departments, and/or unique job tasks may also be required. Work with your supervisor to identify other training needs.
Update recharge account information?
Note: Authorization is required to make updates. Click here to find a list of authorized users for your department.
Note: If you do not see your account, try changing the Active field on the right from Yes to No or Blank.
- Log into Recharge using your Calnet ID.
- Enter current chartstring under Accounts tab in field above the word Chartstring.
- Click the search button.
- Departments can have more than one account. Select the appropriate Account ID by clicking the account ID number.
- Click Edit Account button and you will be able to update the following: Account Name, Account Type, Chartstring, Speed Type, Recharge Type, Add Comment, Account Contact.
- Click Update Account button to save updated information or cancel if needed. Update Account and Cancel buttons are located at the top and bottom of the Update Account page.
For questions or problems, contact email@example.com.
News & Alerts
Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) is preparing the 2023 Manufactured Nanoscale Materials Disclosure for the City of Berkeley.
If you use nanoscale materials in your lab, and
a. you have never filled out the...Read more about Nanoscale Materials Information Form