Get a Background Check

  1. Contact your department’s HR partner to request a background check for use of controlled substances in research 

    1. Find your HR Partner by navigating to the Human Resources section within your region’s home page (under the ‘Regional Services’ main menu link)

    2. If you need to identify your “Region”, use the Find Your Region tool

  2. Once you have received your completed background check from HR, submit the background clearance letter* to

*UC Berkeley is partnering with Biometrics4ALL, Inc. as the service provider to conduct fingerprinting services for both CA candidates and non-CA candidates. Fingerprinting results will be sent to UC Berkeley Human Resources. The requestor will need to request the official background clearance letter to be mailed to themself and to