Quick Links

Department Safety Coordinators

Coordinating, implementing, and documenting safety practices in departments across campus.
Learn more

Supervisor / Manager

Supervisors, Managers & PIs

Ensuring safety in the workplace through hazards communication and safety training.
Learn more

Shops & Trades

Policies, procedures, and training materials for any type of shop-work activities.
Learn more

Laboratory Safety

Providing support, consultation, and the necessary guidance and resources for research.
Learn more


Construction Safety

Information and guidance for construction contractors work on the UC Berkeley campus.
Learn more

Building Safety

Liaising between the occupants of their building and various campus service and support units. 
Learn more

Fire Extinguisher Inspection

Fire Prevention

Providing inspections, plan review, and code consultation; serving as a fire protection and life safety resource for all UC Berkeley-owned and occupied buildings.
Learn more

Wildfire Smoke Safety

Providing resources and guidance for the UC Berkeley community to reduce exposure to wildfire smoke. 
Learn more

EH&S Tools & Applications

Please note you will need to either be on campus (wired or wireless) or use the GlobalProtect VPN to access EH&S apps. Learn more.

Labs At Berkeley (L@B)

View and manage lab personnel and location(s) information using the lab roster tool and rooms, and designate lab roles.


Hazard Assessments

Define what hazards you are exposed to in your daily work and how to protect yourself against those risks.



Manage and update your chemical inventory. Access Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for chemicals in your inventory. 



Tool for inspections and audits, completing self inspections, and collecting compliance data.

Biological Use Authorization Icon


Biological Use Authorization (BUA) is required for Principal Investigators working with biological agents. 



Makes it easy for staff to follow procedures by providing a centralized source for documentation.

Radiation Safety

Radiation Safety Info System (RSIS)

Manage Radiation Use Authorizations, print signage, purchase materials, and request a radioactive waste pick-up.

Hazardous Waste Program (HWP)

Manage and dispose of hazardous waste in including chemicals, biohazardous waste, radioactive waste, and sharps.

Event Permit

Apply for permits to ensure safe and compliant campus events.

Recharge (formerly SRS)

Set up chartstring, authorize EH&S to recover costs for services, manage recharge account information.

Learn more about Recharge Services.