Work Related Injuries and Illnesses

This section provides resources and guidance about what you should do when somebody gets hurt at work.

Responding to an injury

  • For serious or life threatening injuries: On campus, call UCPD directly at 911 or (510) 642-3333 from a cell phone and then direct emergency responders to the scene.
  • For small injuries that need immediate care:
    • During regular work hours: direct or take the injured person the Urgent Care Clinic at the Tang Center
    • After hours: direct the injured person to the Alta Bates Medical Center
  • For non-urgent work related injuries: faculty and staff should make an appointment with the Occupational Health Clinic at the Tang Center

Reporting on an Injury

  1. All work injuries must be reported to the supervisor.
  2. The supervisor reports the injury within 24 hours.
  3. The injury is reported and the accident investigation is documented on the EFR website. For step by step instructions, please refer to the EFR Training for Supervisors Video or the following PDFs:

For additional information and resources, see the "How to Report a Work-Related Injury or Illness" UHS web page.