Add Personnel / Make Changes to my Existing CS Use Authorization

The Principal Investigator (PI) must complete the Controlled Substances Program Project Registration Update Form for changes in personnel, location of storage, or addition or change in quantities of any chemicals. Send signed forms to to initiate the request process.

For all new personnel requests under an existing CSUA, the following documents must be sent to for approval:

  1. A signed Project Registration Update Form

  2. Official background clearance letter on UC Letterhead. See background clearance tab for instructions.

  3. Snapshot of your certificate of EHS-501 (Controlled Substances in Research) training completion

  4. A signed copy of your one-page Controlled Substances Background Disclosure Form