The Office of Environment, Health & Safety at the University of California, Berkeley must be notified immediately at (510) 642-3073 [after hours, call UCPD's 24-hour non-emergency line, (510) 642-6760] for any workplace injury or safety concerns.
If this is an imminent security threat to life or property:
Please Dial 911, or contact UCPD from a cell phone at (510) 642-3333
EH&S Contact Information
During business hours, call EH&S: (510) 642-3073
During off-hours, call UCPD's 24-hour non-emergency line,(510) 642-6760
- In case of any life-threatening injury, call 911 [or from a cell phone (510) 642-3333)]
Notify EH&S immediately if any of the following occurs on campus property:
- A worker fatality
- An inpatient hospitalization,
- A loss of any body part (e.g., fingertip), or
- A possible permanent disfigurement.
- Learn more about reporting serious injuries/Illnesses and fatalities.
To report a work-related injury or illness, use the online Injury and Illness Reporting (IIR) system.
Reporting Serious Injuries/Illnesses and Fatalities
Notify EH&S immediately if a fatality or serious injury (inpatient hospitalization, loss of any member of the body, or permanent disfigurement) occurs by calling (510) 642-3073. If the serious injury occurs after hours, EH&S should be notified via the UC Police Department.