Laboratory Workers & Students
Background image: Lab Safety
Students, staff and faculty are responsible for complying with the University's safety rules, regulations, and procedures required for the assigned task. Students, staff and faculty working in labs are responsible for bringing any safety issues to the attention of the Principal Investigator (PI).
Information for Laboratory Personnel
Are you a new laboratory employee? Are you looking for answers on how to get started or who to talk to?
- If you are a new laboratory assistant, technician, or student please work with your lab's Principal Investigator (PI) or Laboratory Manager to learn about your job duties and laboratory's standard operating procedures.
- Read over the following materials get some basics:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Labs
- Learn about EH&S applications
- Laboratory Safety Manual
Note: It may take up to a day for roster changes on L@B to reflect on LHAT. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if any further issues arise.
- Bookmark these EH&S web pages to quickly find the information and forms you need in the future.
If you have questions about laboratory safety, please contact email@example.com and give us your name, PI's name, and the department or institute you work in.