How do I get authorization to use controlled substances in my research?

In order to work with Schedules II-V controlled substances on campus, these four steps must be completed:

  1. Registration for Research Involving Controlled Substances.

    • Note: Only Principal Investigators (PIs) can submit a completed registration application.
    • Hard copies must be delivered to EH&S in University Hall, Suite 317.
  2. Criminal Background Checks at UCPD.
  3. Completion of the online course, EHS 501 Controlled Substances Used in Research in the UC Learning Center.
    • Note: Background check and training must be completed by the PIs and all laboratory researchers.
  4. EH&S Controlled Substances storage security inspections.