How do I return extra lab coats to EH&S?
What are “extra” coats?
EH&S recommends that you keep a few spare lab coats for visitors and new lab members waiting for their coats to ensure that everyone is properly protected.
If there are more coats in your lab than you need, you can either mail the coats back to EH&S or you can request an in-person pickup.
Mail Extra Lab Coats to EH&S:
- Pack lab coats in a bag or box, and seal it.
- Print an EH&S mailing label.
- Place the box or bag into the UC Berkeley Campus Mail (not US Postal Service mail).
Request EH&S Pickup:
- Place lab coats in bags or boxes and set aside in a safe location.
- Fill out the Lab Coat Pickup Request Google form.
While soiled lab coats can be returned to EH&S, lab coats contaminated with toxic chemicals, biological hazards, or radioactive materials should be disposed of as hazardous waste. Refer to What if I spill on my coat? to determine possible contamination and appropriate disposal methods.