How do I get my lab coat, safety glasses, or splash goggles?
1. Get added to your lab’s roster on Labs @ Berkeley (L@B).
- Ask a member of your group to add you to the lab roster.
2. Acknowledge the hazards in your lab using Lab Hazard Assessment Tool (LHAT).
Log in to LHAT using your CalNet credentials. In the ‘Action Items’ section, select ‘Review and Acknowledge Laboratory Hazard Assessment’ for the appropriate hazard assessment and complete the following:
- Certify Hazard Assessment: Click ‘Continue’ and review all of the hazard assessment details. After review, click the ‘Acknowledge’ button and confirm in the pop-up window.
- Training: On the ‘Next Steps’ page click ‘PPE Safety Training’. This will navigate you to a different website where you can read the ‘Safety PPE Training PDF’, watch the ‘Safety PPE Video’ and complete the ‘Safety PPE Quiz’.
- PPE Voucher: Return to LHAT and print the voucher so that you can bring it with you to your PPE fitting appointment at the Office of Environment, Health & Safety in 350 University Hall.
3. Schedule an appointment.
- Sign up for a PPE fitting appointment at calppe.simplybook.me.
- Bring your PPE voucher and prescription glasses (if you will wear them in the lab) to your appointment.
- If you are interested in prescription safety glasses, follow these instructions after certifying your hazard assessment.
Please direct any questions you have about this process to the PPE coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call EH&S at (510) 642-3073.