How do I dispose of controlled substances?
To request pick up of the unwanted controlled substances complete the following steps:
- Complete the client information form.
- Complete the return forms for controlled substances. Include all required information.
Do not sign the return forms. Forms must be signed at the time of EH&S pick-up to document the chain of custody and transfer of compound's ownership from the lab to EH&S.
- Send the completed forms to CSuse@berkeley.edu
- EH&S Hazardous Materials Management Team will then contact the requestor to schedule the pick-up time.
- Disposal documents, signed and dated at the EH&S pick-up, must be kept together with the controlled substances log books.