The Fire Prevention Division will contact the Building Coordinator to schedule required fire drills.
If your building does not require an annual fire drill, and you would like to conduct one, please contact email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to conduct an effective fire drill?
- Fact Sheet: Evacuating Campus Building Upon Activation of a Fire Alarm (PDF)
Conduct drills regularly. Because the occupants of our buildings, and the population of students, staff and faculty, change from one year to another, the Campus Fire Marshal's Office recommends conducting at least one drill a year.
- Vary the hazards encountered in your fire drills. For example,
- Post a sign inside one of the exit stairwells which states that it is blocked by smoke, fire or debris and that a different exit must be used;
- Place a drawing of flames or a cardboard cut-out to show a fire in a particular area. Occupants must evacuate based on the location of the flames;
- Hold a critique session following each drill with building occupants (if possible) and your safety committee.
Remember that the EH&S Fire Prevention Division is here to assist you and your building occupants. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 642-3073.