Building Coordinators

Building Safety

Building coordinators and alternates serve as important liaisons between the occupants of their building and various campus service and support units. 

Information for New Building Coordinators

Are you a new Building Coordinator? Are you looking for answers on how to get started or who to talk to?

Getting Started

  • If you are a new Building Coordinator, please call (2-3073) or contact Environment, Health & Safety and let us know. Give us your name, title, mailing address and the building  or departments you work in and represent.
  •  Bookmark these EH&S web pages to quickly find the information and forms you need in the future.

How Do I:

Report an accident?

Contact EH&S at 510-642-3073 (off-hours 510-642-3333) to report an accident such as a workplace injury or hazardous material spill/exposure. If there is a life-threatening emergency, please call 911. 

Make sure that any accidents or dangerous incidents are reported to your home unit.

EH&S must be notified immediately if any of the following occurs: worker fatality, inpatient hospitalization, loss of any body part (e.g., fingertip), or possible permanent disfigurement.

How do I schedule a fire drill?

The Fire Prevention Division will contact the Building Coordinator to schedule required fire drills.

If your building does not require an annual fire drill, and you would like to conduct one, please contact

If you have any questions, please contact


How to conduct an effective fire drill?

Fact Sheet: Evacuating Campus Building Upon Activation of a Fire Alarm