Cal/OSHA requires that laboratory personnel working with hazardous chemicals be provided an opportunity to receive a confidential medical evaluation under any of the following circumstances:
- When an individual develops signs or symptoms of exposure to a chemical.
- When routine air monitoring reveals chemical exposure above established exposure limits.
- When a spill or other incident results in the likelihood of hazardous chemical exposure.
In these circumstances, medical evaluations are provided to laboratory workers by the University Health Services located at the Tang Center, 2222 Bancroft Way.
- University Health Services Occupational Health Clinic: (510) 642-6891
- Urgent Care at the Tang Center: (510) 642-3188
- When the Tang Center is closed, you should call 911 or go to a local urgent care center.
- University Health Services Information
- University of California Police Department
- Emergency: 911, or (510) 642-3333 by cell phone
- General Information: (510) 642-6760
- Facilities Services (formerly PP-CS)
- Urgent Same-Day Requests: (510) 642-1032
- Non-Urgent: email@example.com