Lessons Learned

Search results

  1. Lesson Learned- Acetone Fire

    What happened? A student worker in a Berkeley campus laboratory was refilling squirt bottles with acetone from a larger dispensing container when he spilled approximately one cup of acetone liquid onto the floor. Due to lack of training, and/or an error i ...

  2. Lesson Learned- Superconducting Magnet Explosion

    What happened? A 9.4 Tesla super conducting magnet, used for mass spectroscopy in a campus laboratory recently suffered a catastrophic failure. The incident was apparently caused by over pressurization and failure of the liquid helium (LHe) chamber. Altho ...

Pages