Calibrating or Repairing Survey Meters

Calibration and repair of instruments can be obtained from:

  1. EH&S, Radiation Safety

    University Hall

    Phone (510) 642-3073, E-mail:

  2. Ludlum Measurements, Inc.

    501 Oak Street, Sweetwater TX 79556

    Phone (800) 622-0828

  3. Thermo-Scientific

    Phone 1 (800) 274-4212

  4. Radiation Detection Co. for instrument calibration

    8095 Camino Arroyo, Gilroy, CA 95020.

    Phone (800) 250-3314, option 1

UC Berkeley’s radioactive materials license requires each instrument be calibrated at least once a year and after repair. When our records indicate that you have a meter(s) that is due for calibration, we will contact you to make arrangements to calibrate your instrument(s). Note that some meters will require calibration by an outside vendor. Make sure to also provide EH&S with a copy of the calibration paperwork that you receive from the vendor so that we can update our records.

Questions regarding portable radiation survey meters? Call the Radiation Safety Team at (510) 642-3073 for information. For more information on how to survey your lab areas read our guidelines for how to survey your lab.