The Radiation Safety Information System (RSIS) is an online application that houses information about authorized radioactive material and radiation use on the campus.
8.1. RUA Holder — Maintained Records
RH’s and authorized users have access to RSIS to review your RUA, make amendment requests, request approval of purchase requests, order radioactive waste pick-ups, and to maintain your inventory.
RHs must maintain self-survey records related to the uses of radiation specified in their RUAs. These records must be available for review by EH&S and state inspectors. At RUA termination, the RST may request that these records be given to them for archiving.
Laboratory-maintained records include the following:
- A copy of the current RUA
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) associated with this RUA.
- Copies of RUA self-surveys and any corrective actions taken.
- Documentation of RUA specific training including training given to ancillary personnel.
- Records of radioactive waste characterization.