How do I know what training I need to take?
Please take the following trainings:
- Heat Illness Prevention Training
- First Aid Training
- For work in remote areas, Cal/OSHA requires at least one member of your group to have current first aid training.
- For example, NOLS Wilderness First Aid Training, 2-Day training offered by Cal Adventures.
- Similar courses are also available through NOLS, Foster Calm or Sierra Rescue.
- First Aid, 4 hour class offered by Rec Sports.
Upon request, EH&S can provide in-person Heat Illness Prevention training and assist with development of your Field Safety Plan. Other training may also be required depending on your planned activities, e.g. fall protection, ATVs, hazardous materials shipping, etc. Please email email@example.com or call (510) 642-3073.