August 12, 2021
- During this transition period toward full reopening of campus activities, please check the Return to Campus web page for updates.
- Review and follow the VCRO’s COVID-19 Field Research Guidelines & Checklist.
- For international travel, follow CDC guidance and the two-step approval process posted on the UC Berkeley Global Engagement website.
General precautions and considerations:
- Stay home if sick with a fever or cough or close contact with COVID cases within the last 14 days.
- Remind all participants to register travel via UC Away.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for all students, faculty and staff (including visiting scholars, postdocs and visiting students). Visit the UHS website to review the UC vaccine policy and upload your vaccine record.
- COVID-19 testing is available on campus and may be required prior to travel depending on your destination (visit the UHS website learn more).
- Outdoors: Face covers are now optional outdoors.
- Indoors: Face covers are required indoors and in shared vehicles, regardless of vaccination status; please refer to the Return to Campus web page for the latest information on when face coverings are required.
Physical Distancing, Accommodations, Hygiene, First Aid, and Communication
- Physical distancing of 6 feet is no longer required, except when unvaccinated persons eat or drink indoors, or if an outbreak occurs.
- For overnight trips, ensure extra lodging is available (i.e., single rooms, single tents).
- Ensure adequate water and soap for handwashing.
- Promote hygiene: wash hands for 20 seconds and wipe down surfaces often, cough into sleeve, dispose of tissues.
- Maintain a cleaning/disinfection protocol for any shared bathrooms, kitchen facilities, or shared equipment.
- Bring extra hand soap, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes.
- Carry a thermometer in your first aid kit.
- Maintain robust communication to receive updates or get assistance; maintain a frequent check in schedule.
- Carry a written emergency plan; consider distance to medical care and limited medical services/support for other injuries or illness.
Worksite Planning and Campus Updates
- Utilize the Worksite Planning Checklist to document specific precautions for your project.
- Continue to monitor precautions and maintain flexibility to alter plans at any time, self-isolate, or return home.
- Keep a lookout for updated campus guidance on the COVID-19 pandemic.
For additional questions or concerns, please contact EH&S Field Safety - email@example.com.