How do I get or renew a BUA?

If you are in need of a Biological Use Authorization (BUA), please complete the BUA form. Only a Principal Investigator may request a BUA. Once complete, please email the application to

Please note the application deadlines.

The biosafety staff will review all protocols and request additional information and clarification prior to sending the application on for further committee review. Once any revisions are received, the committee will review the protocol at the monthly CLEB meeting.

If you have questions regarding the application, please email for clarification.