Storage Tanks

Any container of oil, fuel, or oil like substances, of 55 gallons or greater including steel and plastic drums, must be made known to EH&S upon receipt on campus.

If you would like more information on campus tank installation, operation, and spill prevention or need assistance with the services below, please contact


Campus Storage Tank Policy

State Water Resources Control Board - State agency that has oversight for water quality issues where tank storage is concerned.

City of Berkeley Toxics Management Division - The City of Berkeley is the designated enforcement and inspection agency for tank storage of petroleum products. Permit applications for installations, repairs, and disposal are found here.