Work Related Injuries and Illnesses

This section provides resources and guidance about what you should do when somebody gets hurt at work.

Responding to an injury

  • For serious or life threatening injuries: On campus, call UCPD directly at 911 or (510) 642-3333 from a cell phone and then direct emergency responders to the scene.
  • For small injuries that need immediate care:
    • During regular work hours: direct or take the injured person the Urgent Care Clinic at the Tang Center
    • After hours: direct the injured person to the Alta Bates Medical Center

  • For non-urgent work related injuries: faculty and staff should make an appointment with the Occupational Health Clinic at the Tang Center

Reporting on an Injury

Responding to a sudden cardiac arrest:

UC Berkeley's campus AED program provides for a rapid response to possible sudden cardiac arrest events for faculty, staff, students, and visitors on campus. The program is designed to save lives through training, early administration of CPR, and providing information on AEDs. Fore more information about the program please visit