Research Compliance Advisory Committee (RCAC)
Summary of Charges
The Research Compliance Advisory Committee (RCAC) advises the Vice Chancellor for Research on issues related to regulatory compliance and risk management in all research activities conducted on University of California, Berkeley property or by University of California, Berkeley personnel.
RCAC Committee Membership
The RCAC is chaired by the Vice Chancellor for Research. Represented on the Committee are the offices of The Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost and the Chancellor's Office of Legal Affairs. Membership also includes top administrators from EH&S and University Health Services.
At-large Academic Senate members are appointed by the Committee on Committees to provide a faculty perspective on the overall impact of environmental, health and safety programs and policies. Committee chairs from the following academic committees are also members:
- Animal Use and Care Committee
- Committee for Protection of Human Subjects
- Committee on Laboratory & Environmental Biosafety
- Scientific Diving & Small Boat Safety Board
- Laboratory Operations & Safety Committee
- Non-Ionizing Radiation Safety Committee
- Radiation Safety Committee
Contact List for Research Compliance Advisory Committee