Do I need to obtain a permit for a demolition of a structure?

Yes, you are responsible for obtaining various permits and items prior to the demolition of a structure including:

  • A “J” Number from the BAAQMD
  • Utility Clearance (Electric, Water, Sewer, Gas)
  • Water Diversion & Fire Suppression Plans - Campus Fire Marshal
  • EH&S chemical, radiation or biosafety clearance
  • Appropriate fees for permits