Do I need to notify and obtain approval from EH&S before I submit forms to BAAQMD, or begin demolition?

Yes, you must notify EH&S and Facilities of any demolition of a structure.

You do not need to submit a permit application for the demolition of a structure to the State or City of Berkeley since we are not under their jurisdiction for this activity, but you must notify all other appropriate parties of the proposed demolition.