How do I modify an existing RUA?

To modify an existing RUA, an RH Holder or Lab Contact must complete and submit an RUA Change Form. CalNet authentication is required.

Requests for personnel additions must also include a Radiation User Information Record for each person being added to the RUA.

Requests to add new or modify existing experimental procedures must include a completed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). 

  • Radioactive Materials SOP Template (Word)
  • Radiation Producing Machines SOP Template (Word)

All RUA change requests are reviewed by RST before being approved and entered into RSIS. If you have any questions regarding a certain change you’d like to make to an RUA, contact us at