How do I dispose of radioactive waste?
- Make sure that all waste is properly packaged and labeled for disposal. If you have any questions about proper packaging, please refer to the Radioactive Waste Requirements.
- Go into Radiation Safety Information System (RSIS) and initiate your disposal. EH&S picks up waste directly from laboratories or from a Central Pick Up Location (CPUs) in either Koshland Hall, Morgan Hall, Life Science Addition, Li Ka Shing, or Stanley Hall.
- To dispose in a CPU, select "Dispose in CPU." You should bring your waste to the CPU on the same day.
- For all other disposals, select "Request EH&S Pickup."
- Immediately print out the waste label generated by RSIS.
For specific waste inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org