How do I aquire the necessary biosafety training?
The following training is to be taken in addition to all required Laboratory Safety Training.
- Biosafety in Laboratories:
- Initial In-person training session provided by EH&S. Please see the schedule of classes.
Every 3 years-online refresher training
- Refresher training is available through the UC Learning Center
- Biosafety Responsibilities of the Principal Investigator training:
Initial, one-time, online training that is completed prior to initiation of work with biological materials
PI training is available through the through the UC Learning Center.
- Create a Laboratory Specific Training power point presentation using a template provided by Biosafety:
- Templates are available by contacting the Biosafety Program at email@example.com.
Laboratory members listed on the BUA that are working with biological materials:
Biosafety in Laboratories:
Initial In-person training session provided by EH&S. Please see the schedule of classes.
- Classes can be registered for through the UC Learning Center at blu.berkeley.edu
Every 3 years-online refresher training:
- Refresher training is available through the UC Learning Center.
- Blood-borne pathogens training (required for anyone who may be in contact with blood-borne pathogens such as working with human or non-human derived samples, blood products, human cell lines, blood-borne pathogens, etc.)
Annual - online training:
- Training is available through the UC Learning Center at blu.berkeley.edu
- Laboratory Specific Training:
- Initial PowerPoint based presentation administered
- Animal researchers are required to complete online CITI training, administered through the Office of Animal Care and Use. Directions are available online.
- Researchers that need access to the Northwest Animal Facility (NAF) are required to complete Basic Safety, Hazardous Materials & Biosafety for NAF Users. Initial training is provided monthly in person at the NAF. Please see the schedule annual refresher trainings are available blu.berkeley.edu.
**For people who may have problems accessing blu.berkeley.edu, other options are listed below: