Important “Do’s and Don’ts” With Your Dosimetry
Do’s with Dosimetry
- DO wear your dosimeter(s) whenever you are working with radiation sources or radiation producing machines.
- DO wear your whole body badge at chest height on your lab coat and your finger ring on your hand under your gloves and facing the source of radiation.
- DO call or email Radiation Safety (642-3073 or email@example.com) if your dosimeter is lost, contaminated, or is accidentally exposed to radiation.
- DO only use your UC Berkeley dosimetry at UC Berkeley (If visiting other institutions they will provide you with dosimetry if needed.)
- DO exchange your dosimeter promptly when requested
Don’ts with Dosimetry
- DO NOT get your dosimeter wet or expose it to high heat.
- DO NOT store your dosimeter(s) around sources of radiation.