Food Permit, Temporary Special Event

The distribution or sale of food to the general public on the UC Berkeley Campus at special events is limited to non-profit organizations sponsoring such events no more than 3 times in a 90 day period. The event sponsor must read the SPECIAL EVENT SAFE FOOD HANDLING PRACTICES and obtain approval through the Office of Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S). Distribution or sale of food to the public is a privilege and the sponsor shall comply with the EH&S requirements. The signature on the application acknowledges the sponsoring organization's acceptance of that responsibility.

You may complete an online e-application for a Food Permit (to start click on the link below):

permit E-application for Food Permit

or you may download a PDF:

Special Event Temporary Food Permit (PDF)

Return completed form in person or by FAX (510) 643-7595 to the office of Environment, Health & Safety, 317 University Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720-1150 no later than 10 working days prior to the event.* If the permit is approved, display it at the food dispensing area throughout the duration of the event.

Important: If you need to visit our office, please note the following new hours that we are open to the public:
Monday — Friday, 8 a.m. — 12 noon & 1 p.m. — 5 p.m.

*Upon approval or denial, EH&S will either return the form via FAX or call you to pick it up at the office.