Departments that own, lease, rent and/or otherwise operate forklifts and other types of industrial lift trucks must:
- Select and then purchase, lease or rent appropriate equipment for job tasks based upon an work-environment and job-task hazard analysis,
- Train and license personnel who operate the specific type(s) of owned / rented equipment,
- Conduct documented safety inspections and preventive maintenance of the equipment,
- Assure operators adhere to specific safe-work practices whenever using these types of powered industrial equipment, and
- Approve Contractors / Vendors to use forklifts and industrial lift equipment on their premises, and only allow properly licensed contractor / vendor personnel to use Department-owned equipment.
Complete Forklift and Industrial Lift Truck Safety Program Document
Pre-operation Inspection Forms