Recordkeeping and Inventory
- All purchase records and logbooks for controlled substances must be maintained for at least 2 years and usage logs must be kept in your secure storage location with the controlled substances.
- A logbook for this purpose will be provided for each drug when you pick up your controlled substance order. Contact EH&S if you need another copy.
- All withdrawals or usage must be clearly recorded in the logbook.
- The balance should always represent the amount on hand in your storage location.
- Do not forget to log in bottles as soon as they are received, preferably with a specific item number that may be matched to the stock in your lab, e.g. using a Sharpie pen.