How do I get authorization to use controlled substances in my research?
In order to work with Schedules II-V controlled substances on campus, these four steps must be completed:
- Registration for Research Involving Controlled Substances.
- Note: Only Principal Investigators (PIs) can submit a completed registration application.
- Hard copies must be delivered to EH&S in University Hall, Suite 317.
- Criminal Background Checks at UCPD.
- Completion of the online course, EHS 501 Controlled Substances Used in Research in the UC Learning Center.
- Note: Background check and training must be completed by the PIs and all laboratory researchers.
- EH&S Controlled Substances storage security inspections.
- Please contact email@example.com or call 642-3073.