Field Safety

Environmental Concerns

Access to water: Cal/OSHA requires that 1 quart (or 4 cups) of drinking water be available per person per hour of work in hot weather.  During field work this requirement can be challenging and may take substantial preparations to carry water to remote work sites or safely treat water from natural sources. Technical guidance on outdoor operations & guidance on outdoor, agricultural and pesticide operations from UC Ag & Natural Resources

How do I sign up for travel alerts?

If you are travelling more than 100 miles from campus, register your trip at UC Away for travel insurance documentation. Shortly after registration, you will receive an email from Worldcue that provides a direct link to a personalized “Trip Brief.” If conditions change, or security alerts are issued while you are traveling, you will receive location-specific alerts via email from Worldcue (storm warnings, civil unrest, disease outbreak alert, etc.).